Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ideas for readings for your ceremony

Poetry and Readings
Having a reading or poetry included in your ceremony is a wonderful way to add to your personality to the ceremony.   You can have your officiant, members of your wedding party, or a wedding guest be included in the ceremony by have them do a reading.
  • To Be One with Each Other By George Eliot
  • 1 Corinthians 13:4­13
  • An Apache Blessing
  • Kahil Gibran on Marriage
  • The Prophet by Kahil Gibran
  • How do I love thee? by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
  • Love's Philosophy by Percy Shelley
  • Irish Blessing
  • I Ching
  • Fidelity by D.H. Lawrence
  • Eskimo Love Song
  • Why Marriage? by Mari Nichols
  • Hope Is the Thing with Feathers by Emily Dickinson
  • Sonnet 116 By William Shakespeare
  • Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day? by William Shakespeare
  • To My Dear and Loving Husband by Anne Bradstreet
  • A Red, Red Rose by Robert Burns
  • i carry your heart with me by e. e. cummings
  • The Rose in the Deeps of His Heart by William Butler Yeats
  • Marriage Morning by Alfred Tennyson
  • Wondrous Moment by Alexander Pushkin
  • Love Sonnet XVII by Pablo Neruda
  • On the Balcony by D.H. Lawrence
  • My Love's A Match by Alfred P. Graves
  • There is a Lady Sweet and Kind by Thomas Ford
  • It's All I Have to Bring To­day by Emily Dickinson
  • Love by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
  • I Love Thee by Elizabeth Acton
  • At Last by Elizabeth Akers Allen
  • My Suburban Girl by Samuel Alfred Beadle
  • My True Love Has My Heart by Philip Sidney
  • Japanese Tanka by Yosano Akiko
  • The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu
  • Hindu Marriage Poem
  • Shoshone Indian Love Poem
  • Eskimo Love Song
  • On the River Tchou by Tu Fu
  • From Kuan Tao­Sheng
  • From Jalal Al­Din Rumi
  • From "Gift from the Sea" by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
  • From Plato's Symposium
  • From Baal Shem Tov
  • From the "Song of Solomon", King James Bible version



No comments:

Post a Comment